For the majority of our bingo players, gambling is entertainment and a way to chat to some of your online friends. But unfortunately gambling can become a serious problem for some. We want you to enjoy your online gambling experience and advise you to follow these guidelines:
- Please try to establish limits for purchasing, wagering and even losses before you commence gambling
- Gambling is not advised if it interferes with your daily responsibilities
- Gambling is not advised if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- Gambling is not advised if your primary aim is to recoup your debt with your winnings
- If you would like further advice or help with responsible gambling, we work together with Gamcare to provide you with assistance and discrete advice.
Gamcare, the national association for gambling care, provides educational resources and training to ensure that having a bet remains a positive experience for all our customers. If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from boredom or an unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or interests?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem. Please contact Gamcare for assistance on:
UK Based Helpline: 0808 8020 133
Or through their website at www.gamcare.org.uk
Please also see The Alderney Gambling Control Commission's website for further Player Protection information: http://www.gamblingcontrol.org/players.php
The AGCC can be contacted at:
Alderney Gambling Control Commission
St Anne's House
Queen Elizabeth II Street
Alderney, Channel Islands, GY9 3TB
Office: +44 (0)1481 825 500
Fax: +44 (0)1481 823 978